1.13.2010

my first attempt to publish a post all by myself! :)

Entering a school unexpectedly caused swarms of kids to run towards us with all their might, yelling screaming and laughing! I can tell you there was a fraction of a second when I felt a little panic -I felt as if this big fast approaching crowd would devour me!. We decided to visit this particular place because we heard there were more than 100 disabled kids attending. In Kenya disability is not only frowned upon but carries a heavy stigma, many times resulting in children being locked-up, not allowed to see the light of day. So a rural school for disabled children was a definite must-see. I wanted to see how these children are treated, what problems do they face, and what are their teachers like... I was amazed to find that out of 100 disabled students at least 50 were deaf. Mind you, my trip back to Nairobi the following night, explained a lot. Most matatu (i.e. minibus) and bus drivers have this sinister habit here in Kenya of playing music really, exceptionally, un-be-li-e-va-bly LOUD! No matter what time of the days it is....Could these two facts be related...? I wonder .
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is trully the video that describes all that you have experienced.
    Great job publishing it.
    P.s its easy to make its layout bigger or smaller in yr page by managing posts layout.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!